Friday, April 4, 2014

Becky's Maintenance Workout



Since I’ve been having some knee issues lately I’ve come up with a way to still run, but take it a little easier on my joints.
  • Walk : 1 minute
  • Jog: 1 minute
  • Fast pace walk: 1 minute
  • Jog: 1 minute

I vary between these for around 30 minutes. It’s a little bit easier to do outside than on a treadmill when you have to deal with pushing buttons.

After that I grab a miniband and do these exercises three times through to strengthen my glutes and abductors. Focusing on the weak parts of your body will only make you stronger!
  • Miniband side walks x 1 minute
  • Miniband clams x 15 reps
  • Miniband firehydrants x 15 reps on each side

Finally finish up with some core! Repeat two times:
  • Right oblique v-up x 10
  • V-ups x 10
  • Left oblique v-up x 10
  • Hollow body hold x 10s

No comments:

Post a Comment